Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Cheesy, Bacony Corn Muffins with Jalapeno Jelly Glaze



I was watching an episode of The Kitchen and Sunny Anderson was making some yummy Corn Muffins, She glazed them with Jalepeno Jelly and I realized I had a jar of it which my Sister In Law Leigh brought last time they were in Oregon.

I made a few changes to her recipe and they were fantastic, a great addition to the barbecued chicken legs my husband was cooking for dinner.  Spicy ones too!

Ingredients:

2 packages Jiffy Corn Bread Mix
2 eggs
2/3 milk
1/2 jalapeno pepper diced small
3 green onions sliced
3 slices cooked bacon diced
pepper jack cheese
mozarella cheese
jalepeno jelly

Instructions:

Mix the above ingredients (except the jelly and cheese) together and fill half of your muffin tin with the mixture

Place some of each cheese on top and then a bit more corn bread mix, you are essentially putting the cheese in the middle. (I used my Jumbo silicone ones).

Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes, checking often for doneness.

In the meantime melt some jalapeno jelly which you will drizzle on when they come out of the oven. I added some bacon drippings because I had them, you can use a bit of water to loosen the jelly.

You want to glaze the muffins the minute they come out of the oven so it will sink in.

Let cool and serve

No comments:

How to spatchcock a chicken or turkey!

Finishing some of Cheryl's drafts... Keeping spatchcocking simple. Using a VERY sharp cleaver or kitchen shears -- not scissors, carefu...