Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Strawberry Muffins


I had some beautiful local Strawberries that were looking a little sad, I decided to make Strawberry Muffins out of them.  I do have to say they were pretty darn good, my Husband adored them and they are sort of low sugar.  I changed the recipe to better fit my dietary changes.

Ingredients:

1 2/3 cups fresh strawberries
2/3 cup sugar (I used 1/3 regular sugar and 1/3 coconut sugar as it has a lower glycemic index)
1/3 cup vegetable oil (I used coconut oil)
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla

DIRECTIONS

Heat oven to 385 F.

Put a paper baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups, or grease just the bottoms of 12 muffin cups.

Slightly smash strawberries in large bowl, using fork. Mix the berries with a few tablespoons of sugar and let sit for 15 minutes

Stir in sugar, oil and eggs until mixed.

Stir in other ingredients just until moistened.

Spoon batter into muffin cups.

Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown or toothpick poked in center comes out clean.

Cool 5 minutes.

Loosen sides of muffins from pan if needed, and take them out of the pan.

Makes 12 muffins.



No comments:

How to spatchcock a chicken or turkey!

Finishing some of Cheryl's drafts... Keeping spatchcocking simple. Using a VERY sharp cleaver or kitchen shears -- not scissors, carefu...