One of my husbands friends makes this delicious chicken and was kind enough to share the recipe with us so we could try it. It is quite tasty and will be a fantastic addition to our diner rotation.
We let the chicken marinade for 24 hours and cooked it low and slow on the BBQ. We used Chicken Thighs as suggested and it was delicious!
• 6 ounces pineapple juice
• 2 tablespoons lime juice
• 1 tablespoon white vinegar
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
• 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon mild chili pepper, remove stem and seeds from chiles, finely minced (Anaheim or California)
• 8 drops yellow food coloring (but accurate) (optional)
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 4 lbs frying chicken, cut up (we used thighs)
• Optional: 1/8 teaspoon cumin
• Note: Some recipes call for juice from 1 orange & 1/2 lemon
Sprinkle with sea salt, Mexican Chile powder or paprika before grilling – adds color & some flavor
1. Marinate chicken in zip-lock bag over-night.
2. Reserve 1/4 cup marinade to baste while cooking, making sure the chicken cooks on both sides minutes AFTER basting the final time to avoid food poisoning.
3. Grill over indirect heat, turning 4 times, 12 minutes each time. Must reach 165 degree internal temperature. Slow and indirect is best, but avoid over cooking and drying out meat.
Serve with your favorite tortillas, rice, borracho beans and salsa.