Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Cauliflower Rice



My husband is a carb hater, he orders Hamburgers with no bun on a salad, weird to me but I am a lover of carbs, no sweet tooth here,  just a love of cheese and carbs of all kinds.

To say the least I was skeptical of him making "Cauliflower Rice", which did not sound good at all.  I have to say it turned out delicious it reminded me of Couscous with Olive Oil and Garlic.  So delicious, I am definitely up for that again!

1/2 to 3/4 of a head of Cauliflower, leaves and stems removed
1 tbs oil, (we used Avocado)
1 tbs butter
1-2 cloves garlic diced small
1/4 onion diced small
1 tsp Better Than Bouillon
Salt and Pepper to taste

Place your pieces of Cauliflower into a food processor and process till it looks about the size of grains of rice.

Place your oil and butter into a sauce pan and saute those onions and garlic till translucent.

Add the Better Than Bouillon salt and pepper and your Cauliflower Rice to the pan ans saute until slightly toasty looking and fragrant.

Enough to serve 2-3 

No comments:

How to spatchcock a chicken or turkey!

Finishing some of Cheryl's drafts... Keeping spatchcocking simple. Using a VERY sharp cleaver or kitchen shears -- not scissors, carefu...