Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Samoas (Girl Scout Cookie)


I had a package of Samoas (Girl Scout Cookies) on my counter and I had been trying to think of a way to use them up in a creative way.  I thought about my Sister In Law (Mary's) Peanut Butter Cheesecake which I adore and thought they would go well together.

I did not want a big hassle so I threw together some ingredients I had in the fridge and pantry and got to it.  It turned out amazingly well, the dog got to lick the bowl and she actually growled at me when I took the bowl away which has NEVER happened before, that's how much she loved it.  My hubby was pretty smitten as well!

1 package cream cheese
1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar depending on your tastes
1/2 cup whipping cream (I used fat free half and half)
1 tsp Vanilla
1 cup Peanut Butter or a little less
6 to 8 Samoas finely chopped or ran thru a food processor, keep 1/3 aside for the top

Mix everything except the chopped Samoas together with a mixer till fluffy and combined, fold in chopped Samoas,

Pour into 6 Ramekins

Refrigerate for 30 minutes and top with remaining Samoa crumbs

No comments:

How to spatchcock a chicken or turkey!

Finishing some of Cheryl's drafts... Keeping spatchcocking simple. Using a VERY sharp cleaver or kitchen shears -- not scissors, carefu...