Saturday, September 8, 2018

Caulitatos, Keto, NSNG



I am not a huge fan of potatoes any longer, I rarely ate them before going low carb, but on occasion I want some mashed potatoes with gravy to go with my Roasted Chicken.

I find that Cauliflower is a great substitute for potato's in many dishes.  I finally perfected the process to make them look and taste like potato's.  If you did not know, I don't think you could tell the difference.

Ingredients:

1 large head of Cauliflower
3 tbl buttermilk or heavy whipping cream
3 tbl Alouette Garlic & Herb Soft Spreadable Cheese (you can use garlic and herb cream cheese or Boursin as well)
2 tbl butter
Chives fresh or dried
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 tsp onion powder
3 heads of garlic, peeled and whole

Directions:

Wash and cut up your cauliflower into small florets

You will need to steam the Cauliflower, I use a metal steamer basket in a very large pot.  Add the cauliflower and the whole garlic to the steamer of choice.

Steam until the Cauliflower is fork tender, approximately 6 to 10 minutes.

Drain the water out, remove the strainer, and put the cauliflower/garlic back into the pan on medium and cook it briefly to remove the remaining water.

Remove from heat and add the buttermilk, cheese, chives, onion powder, salt/pepper and butter then use a stick blender or place into a blender and blend till it is nice and smooth.


No comments:

How to spatchcock a chicken or turkey!

Finishing some of Cheryl's drafts... Keeping spatchcocking simple. Using a VERY sharp cleaver or kitchen shears -- not scissors, carefu...