I don't miss bread much, but I do like a wrap on occasion. I had leftover roasted chicken and decided to make chicken salad. I added some spinach for flavor and texture and sprinkled chopped nuts on top. It was very delicious and filling. I got the recipe at Keto Connect!
I used the remaining wraps for Fajita's, they are so versatile. You can add various different spices to make them more towards Mexican or Italian, etc.
8 large Egg Whites, which is 3/4 cup times two (get the egg whites in a carton for less waste)
1/3 cup Coconut flour
10 tbsp Water
1/4 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp Onion powder
1/4 tsp chili powder
1. Add egg whites, coconut flour, baking powder and water in a bowl. Combine well (should be a uniform, watery mixture).
2. Optional: add seasonings and mix.
3. Heat a skillet (any size you want your tortillas to be) to low heat. Wait until the pan is hot, spray with cooking spray, and drop some of the mixture into the center (i like to use a 1/4 measuring cup).
4. As quickly as possible tilt the skillet on all edge to spread the batter as thin as possible. You can always add more in the areas not covered.
5. Allow it to cook for a couple minutes until it starts to rise/bubble or you lift it up and the other side has browned.
Flip and cook for 1 additional minute.
For the chicken salad, I boned a chicken, chopped the meat, added mayonnaise, 2 stalks of celery, chopped, small amount of onion, half an apple peeled and chopped, salt and pepper to taste. You can also add red curry powder. You can add nuts right before serving.
Post a Comment