Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Roasted Red New Potatoes















I was planning on Steak for dinner and was looking for nice side dish to go along with my Steamed Broccoli. I searched the Inter Web and found this recipe at Allrecipes.com, it had many excellent reviews.

I used three medium Red Potatoes and cut them in thirds to make a log type shape then cut again to make cubes.  I also used my old Lodge Cast Iron Skillet.  It worked wonderfully and the dish was a hit with my husband, who is not a huge fan of carbohydrates.  I on the other hand love my carbs!  I changed the recipe slightly to my tastes.

This is enough for 2-3 servings

3 medium size Red New Potatoes, cubed
1/4 cup of oil (or a little less), I use Grape
seed Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
Fresh Rosemary chopped well, total of about 1 tablespoon
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Toss it all into your Cast Iron Skillet or onto a baking sheet and mix well.

Place into an over preheated to 450 degrees.

Let roast for 40 minutes or so, stirring occasionally.

No comments:

How to spatchcock a chicken or turkey!

Finishing some of Cheryl's drafts... Keeping spatchcocking simple. Using a VERY sharp cleaver or kitchen shears -- not scissors, carefu...