Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Veggie Pasta Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing


We were going to grill pork chops for dinner and I wanted a veggie and pasta combination of some sort to serve as a side.  I had half a box of gluten free pasta and some veggies.  The dressing I came up with for this salad is nothing short of amazing and so good for you to boot!  I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

1/2 Box Pasta (your choice but I used small (rotini)
Handful of small grape tomatoes
1/2 Red Bell Pepper diced into small pieces
3 green onions, diced
Olives (optional, but I did not include because my hubby hates them)

Cook your pasta to Al Dente and rinse in cool water, drain and set aside.

Add your diced veggies and tomato

The dressing:

2 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 small jalapeño pepper, chopped and seeds removed
1 lime, juiced
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
Hot Sauce to taste
1/2 tsp Sugar
1 tsp rice wine vinegar

Whir in a food processor, stick blender or blender

Mix with your pasta and refrigerate till ready to serve

No comments:

How to spatchcock a chicken or turkey!

Finishing some of Cheryl's drafts... Keeping spatchcocking simple. Using a VERY sharp cleaver or kitchen shears -- not scissors, carefu...