Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Sausage and Potato Skillet




I found some Johnsonville Turkey Sausages in the Freezer and decided I wanted to do a Skillet dinner.  I used Red Potatoes, Onion and a Jalapeno.  It was quite delicious and very easy.  I served with a Tomato and Cucumber Salad for a bit of freshness.

2 Johnsonville Sausages (I used Turkey but any would do)
4 Red Potatoes (clean and microwave for 4 minutes)
1/2 Onion, diced small
1 Jalapeno seeded and diced
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 tsp Thyme
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper

I sliced my Sausages into coins, and placed them into a hot pan with some peanut oil (it is a high heat oil)

I cooked them at high heat to get some caramelization, then I transferred to a plate

Microwave your potatoes for 4 minutes and let them cool, then cut in half and make slices

Dice your onion and jalapeno finely

Once your potatoes are about 3/4 of the way done add the onion, jalapeno and spices, let cook for another 10 minutes or so

Add your sausages back in, stir until everything is hot

Top with grated cheese if desired

No comments:

How to spatchcock a chicken or turkey!

Finishing some of Cheryl's drafts... Keeping spatchcocking simple. Using a VERY sharp cleaver or kitchen shears -- not scissors, carefu...