Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Better Than Sex Cake


I received this recipe from one of my many Ex-Sister In Law's, years and years ago, and it has been languishing in my recipe box ever since. I made it a few months ago and again today for a friends birthday.

I have only had a few bites of this cake as it is very sweet, so I cannot tell you if it is really better than sex or not, although in my book there are not too many things better than sex!

It is easy to make, super yummy (or so I hear) and very decadent. Give it a try and then you tell ME is it really better than sex?

I make a double batch using a 9 X 13 pan.

2 boxes of your favorite cake mix (Chocolate is preferred)
1 can sweetened condensed milk (I used Fat Free)
1 jar of Caramel
1 tub of Cool Whip
3-4 Heath Bars crushed

Make the cake mix according to the mix directions and place in the greased pan, you will have to cook it much longer (and lower in my opinion) than the box indicates, if you do the double batch.

When the toothpick comes out clean, remove and poke holes in the cake with the end of a wooden spoon or something of similar size .

Pour the condensed milk all over the cake, trying to get it into the holes (this works best when the cake is still warm from the oven)

Pour on the Caramel sauce next, saturating the cake

Let cool and frost with the cool whip and top with the crushed Heath Bars

**I imagine that you could use just about any combination of cake/and toppings.

12 comments:

Lyndas recipe box said...

Whoa, this sounds rich, gooey and delicious- I've heard of this cake but didn't have a recipe, but now I do! Thanks

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

wow does that sound... painfully good.

But I have to ask... how many ex-SiL do you have... from how many brothers???

Bethie said...

IMHO, nothing is better than sex, but a cake is easier to make and I can have it more often.

teresa said...

better then sex eh? i'll have to give that a try!

♥peachkins♥ said...

I love the name of this cake!

The Peach Kitchen
blowing peachkisses
peach and things

sophia said...

Haha, that name itself has gotten my attention! I'm a virgin so I wouldn't know...but I'm sure the cake was freaking good! ;-)

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

YUM girlfriend your cake looks delish but I'm with you...can't think of too much of anything better than sex...maybe a REALLY good pedicure ;-)

Paula said...

Yummmm, I used to make this cake often only using real whipped cream instead of cool whip (I'll leave the whipped cream innuendo out of this!) Appropriately so, I used devil's food as the cake flavor. hehe

PS: No doggie here yet, but we saw *4* Boston's at the coast this weekend. FOUR! Even my hubby joked about seeing so many of them.

Unknown said...

So easy! I already have this memorized. Yummy!

MaryBeth said...

Better than Sex...I really don't think so but a real close runner up!

Barb said...

I used to make something similar to this called sex in a pan, although this looks a lot tastier. Will give it a try.

grace said...

holy smokes, i've missed you, and this cake is one of the foremost reasons for that. what a treat--it's absolutely decadent, and the name is killer. :)

How to spatchcock a chicken or turkey!

Finishing some of Cheryl's drafts... Keeping spatchcocking simple. Using a VERY sharp cleaver or kitchen shears -- not scissors, carefu...