Saturday, October 10, 2009

Daregal Herbs

The nice folks at Daregal Herbs were kind enough to send me an assortment of their fresh frozen herbs. It is a really interesting process and the herbs taste just like fresh, yet are stored in your freezer for up to 36 months. All you do is remove from the freezer, shake the can and use as you would fresh herbs.

I especially enjoyed the Original Blend (Basil, Oregano, Rosemary and Thyme), which I used in rice, soups, scrambled eggs and quiche!

The herbs are processed within 3 hours of being harvested, and there is no waste, they are already chopped for you!

I love my herbs and plan to buy more when I run out, it is a great way to have fresh herbs year round!

You can check out their website here, they also have a bunch of great recipes!

7 comments:

Heather said...

very cool! i like the idea of freezing the herbs, i'm sure that makes them last a lot longer :)

Lea Ann said...

What a great find! I'll probably order the four pack.

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

freebies... I love em

what a great deal for bloggers. Thanks for the info. I have a great spice guy, but I just found out he only sets up during the spring summer and fall..

what to do in winter???

Donna-FFW said...

Love the idea of fresh fozen herbs available year round. Ill have to check out their site.

Donna-FFW said...

now i feel vanilla for some reason

Pam said...

I've heard of these but have never tried them. I love that you can have fresh tasting herbs available all year round.

Your widget showed a picture of Tuesdays with Martha Anne... It made me miss her. She was such a great dog!

Paula said...

You lucky gal! I've never heard of these, but what a great idea they are! So are they "loose" in the container or are they like, say, frozen spinach? I'm going to keep my eyes open for these!

How to spatchcock a chicken or turkey!

Finishing some of Cheryl's drafts... Keeping spatchcocking simple. Using a VERY sharp cleaver or kitchen shears -- not scissors, carefu...