Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Mexican Pork Chops


We have been trying to eat less Red Meat lately, much to my chagrin.

I purchased a value pack of pork chops and instead of freezing them all, my husband put some into a Ziplock and marinated them for 2 days before barbecuing them. He was going for a "Mexican" theme.

They were in a word "DELISH". Give it a whirl, the longer you marinate, the better they taste!!

4 pork chops (bone in)
1 jar of your favorite brand of Salsa
1 lemon or lime cut in half, add the juice and the lemon/lime itself
1/2 a white onion diced
2 tsp ground cumin
Bunch of Cilantro rinsed and chopped


Mix all the above in a Ziploc bag and marinate for one day, up to two days for extra flavor. When you think of it, flip the bag over in the fridge.

Grill on your barbecue!

8 comments:

Bethie said...

Ah man, I grilled the chops I had last night. Okay, bookmarked for next time. Look wonderful!!

Donna-FFW said...

Sounds like a very flavorful marinade. Never thought to use salsa as one. Great idea. Perfectly grilled too .. Delish indeed.

Pam said...

Cheryl, these pork chops sound really good. I love Mexican anything!

Dewi said...

Drool worthy!
Love the pork with Mexican flavor.

Anonymous said...

oh no, pork is not red meat! It's actually quite lean! And I love the way you prepared them, rocking with flavor! yUM!

♥peachkins♥ said...

my husband loves chops and I think he would love this recipe...

Foodie with Little Thyme! said...

He did a great job. Keep him grilling.

Lyndas recipe box said...

These chops sound wonderful! I really love pork chops and am always lookinf for different ways to fix them. I'll be trying these-thanks!

How to spatchcock a chicken or turkey!

Finishing some of Cheryl's drafts... Keeping spatchcocking simple. Using a VERY sharp cleaver or kitchen shears -- not scissors, carefu...