Saturday, June 20, 2009

Orzo Pasta with Butter and Parmesan


This dish just came to me several months ago, I had half a box of Orzo pasta and thought to myself "hmmmm, what if I just simply cooked the pasta and added butter and some fresh grated Parmesan Cheese, salt and pepper"?

DADUM!!! It was freaking delicious!! creamy and smooth, and the Parmesan put it over the top. This will be one of my menu staples from now on. You could add chives, roasted tomatoes, whatever sounds good, or just leave it simple as I did. YUM!

1/2 box of Orzo pasta, or double recipe for a full box
salt and pepper to taste
2 scallions, chopped
2 tbl butter
1/4 cup finely grated fresh Parmesan

Make your Orzo pasta according to the package directions, I let it cook about 2 minutes longer than the package indicated, drain.

Add your butter, salt, pepper and Parmesan and mix well.

Top with scallions and serve. I paired it with a Rotisserie Chicken and Roasted Butternut Squash!

13 comments:

Pearl said...

yum! everything you make looks so good!

Bethie said...

Looks good and simple, yet yummy!

Debbie said...

Great idea...sometimes simple is just the best!!!

Pam said...

I love simple recipes like this - it looks delicious Cheryl.

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I love this recipe Cheryl. your are so right, Bella is freaking cute!

MaryBeth said...

Very delish looking...

Anonymous said...

wow! Such simple ingredients, but they work perfectly with each other! Amazing dish!

Paula said...

I just love the shape of Orzo pasta, plus it's fun to say. Speaking of sayings, I totally say the word "freaking" now because of you! :-) I bet this tasted great with your chicken and roasted squash! YUM!

♥peachkins♥ said...

i haven't tried Orzo but this looks yummy!

Muneeba said...

I've got some leftover orzo in my pantry - thks for helping me figure out what to do with it!

NuKiwi said...

Yep...we do that one often enough...works with the little shells too! ;o)

Sara said...

This sounds like the perfect way to eat orzo!

Netts Nook said...

Cheryl Yummy orzo. Bookmarked. Your puppy is getting so cute.

How to spatchcock a chicken or turkey!

Finishing some of Cheryl's drafts... Keeping spatchcocking simple. Using a VERY sharp cleaver or kitchen shears -- not scissors, carefu...