Friday, December 26, 2008

Open Faced Smoked Turkey Sandwich


We love to smoke protein in this house, courtesy of our Traeger Smoker. We finally decided it was time to smoke a Turkey.

WOW, I must say it was the most delicious Turkey I have ever eaten, a hint of smoke and it was sooo juicy and moist. The open faced sammy was delicious as well!

4 slices white bread (the only bread for a turkey sandwich)
sliced turkey breast or dark meat
homemade or store bought cranberry sauce
leftover turkey gravy
leftover mashed potatoes

Assemble as you please, and enjoy every bit of it!

7 comments:

Pam said...

Yummy! One of my favorite sandwiches. Looks tasty!

NuKiwi said...

I must admit that I am probably in the minority being one of the few people on earth who can't/won't eat leftover turkey. I must have had a traumatic experience or something...although, smoked turkey does sound appealing. (Something different)

Raquel said...

Wow, that looks fantastic!!! I adore smoked turkey - but we had ham this year! Much love, Raquel XO

Heather said...

mmmmm. i love roasted turkey sandwiches. these look so good, i want to eat my computer screen!!

test it comm said...

One of my favorite parts of the holidays!

Paula said...

Oh, smoked turkey sounds terrific, as does the sandwich! I think I actually like open faced turkey sandwiches better than just a serving of turkey! I'd love to learn more about smoking.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I agree but I dream the brief should prepare more info then it has.

How to spatchcock a chicken or turkey!

Finishing some of Cheryl's drafts... Keeping spatchcocking simple. Using a VERY sharp cleaver or kitchen shears -- not scissors, carefu...