Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Glazed Pecans


I love nuts in general, especially in salads (probably because I am one, a nut not a salad) and they "used" to sell glazed walnuts and pecans. I really miss them in my Walnut Pear Salad, so I decided to see if I could make them. It turns out it is quite easy and you could use any nut you choose.

1 1/2 cups whole pecans (or walnuts)
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons butter
pinch of salt

Melt the butter and brown sugar together over medium heat, stir until the brown sugar is well incorporated, add a pinch of salt

Add your nuts and keep cooking until the grittiness is gone and your nuts are lightly toasted.

Place the nuts on a plate lined with either Wax or Parchment paper and let cool

6 comments:

test it comm said...

I like nuts in general and on salads. Those candied pecans look good! I think they would work well in a salad as well; maybe with some pears.

Paula said...

Yum! I would eat these straight out of the bowl! Lovely recipe!

Raquel said...

These would never make it to the table in my house, much less into a salad! We love glazed nuts of all kinds! Great recipe.

LuckyHere LuckyThere said...

you love nuts? that would explain why you and i "talk" online. :]

Bonnie said...

just tried to make these - are you sure the butter is correct - should it be 2 Tablespoons?

Just seemed too dry - no way grittiness would go away?

Bertie said...

I had trouble with the grittiness, also.The more I stirred the grittier it got. I added a tablespoon of water turned the heat on high for a minute or so and stirred until it was all melted and yummy. They turned out great. Also, I added a bit of cinnamon and dash of cayenne pepper.

How to spatchcock a chicken or turkey!

Finishing some of Cheryl's drafts... Keeping spatchcocking simple. Using a VERY sharp cleaver or kitchen shears -- not scissors, carefu...