Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Cherry Pancakes


As you may of noticed we are breakfast fanatics and always try to come up with fun, new breakfast items. I had a bunch of leftover cherries and wondered how that would taste in a pancake. It was really good, I actually like them better than blueberry pancakes! We are total cheaters when it comes to pancakes, there is really nothing better than mixing pancake mix with buttermilk, makes for a really tender pancake.

This is one of the "no measure" deals, short and sweet!

Mix Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake mix with low fat buttermilk until you have the consistency you want, we like thin pancakes so the batter is a bit on the runny side. If you like larger, fluffier pancakes ensure the mixture is thicker

Add fresh, pitted, chopped cherries to the mixture

Cook as you normally would pancakes

You can hold your pancakes in the oven at 170 degrees for about 30 minutes without issue

2 comments:

Raquel said...

A woman after my own heart! Hey, I wonder how this would work for waffles?? Hmmmmm . . .

Paula said...

My family loves cherries! Now that I think about it, I've never seen cherry pancakes on a menu before. This is a great idea!

How to spatchcock a chicken or turkey!

Finishing some of Cheryl's drafts... Keeping spatchcocking simple. Using a VERY sharp cleaver or kitchen shears -- not scissors, carefu...