Friday, May 2, 2008

Vegetable Salad



I like to make this salad with whatever I happen to have in my Fridge. I am fairly new to making my own Salad Dressing, and I love it!

Ingredients
1/2 English Cucumber, seeded and sliced
1/4 of a sweet onion sliced
Radishes cut in half (ends removed)
Grape Tomatoes
Crumbled Feta Cheese (I had some left from an earlier dish)
Handful of Corn Chips, or what you like crumbled (I dont like Croutons personally so we use Rice or Corn Chips)
Combine ingredients, ending with the Feta and Chips

Salad Dressing
1/4 cup good quality Olive Oil
2 fat tbl non fat plain yogurt
1 tbl Oregano
1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste (we use lots of fresh cracked pepper)
2 tbl Honey

I combine in a small jar with a lid and shake shake shake
Dress your salad and serve!

No comments:

How to spatchcock a chicken or turkey!

Finishing some of Cheryl's drafts... Keeping spatchcocking simple. Using a VERY sharp cleaver or kitchen shears -- not scissors, carefu...