Wednesday, May 7, 2008

French Dip Sandwiches and Home Fries


Last night I decided to be lazy and make one of my favorite meals. It is nice on a cold night and super easy to make. Did I mention Delicious!

Ingredients:
sub rolls (any kind you like)
sliced roast beef
mayonnaise
horseradish
swiss cheese
au jus mix
2 whole baking potatoes
2 tsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 tsp cayanne pepper
1/4 tsp garlic salt

Method:
Scrub your potatoes well and slice in half, slice each half into 4 quarters, mix with 2 tsb olive oil, pepper, garlic salt and a dash or two of Cayenne pepper. Mix well with your hands, place onto a non-stick baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. I serve with Ranch Dip.

Cut sub rolls in half and toast them. Mix mayonnaise and horseradish, spread onto rolls, add roast beef and cheese. Prepare the Au Jus as directed. I microwave the sandwiches for 30 seconds just before serving to melt cheese and warm them up.

3 comments:

Tam Hess said...

Wow! This looks amazing. My stomach growls everytime I look at your blog. xoxo

Cheryl said...

Yum!!

Cheryl said...

RYC: Supposedly getting married in June, but I'm not convinced...lol

How to spatchcock a chicken or turkey!

Finishing some of Cheryl's drafts... Keeping spatchcocking simple. Using a VERY sharp cleaver or kitchen shears -- not scissors, carefu...