Friday, December 26, 2008

Open Faced Smoked Turkey Sandwich


We love to smoke protein in this house, courtesy of our Traeger Smoker. We finally decided it was time to smoke a Turkey.

WOW, I must say it was the most delicious Turkey I have ever eaten, a hint of smoke and it was sooo juicy and moist. The open faced sammy was delicious as well!

4 slices white bread (the only bread for a turkey sandwich)
sliced turkey breast or dark meat
homemade or store bought cranberry sauce
leftover turkey gravy
leftover mashed potatoes

Assemble as you please, and enjoy every bit of it!

7 comments:

Pam said...

Yummy! One of my favorite sandwiches. Looks tasty!

NuKiwi said...

I must admit that I am probably in the minority being one of the few people on earth who can't/won't eat leftover turkey. I must have had a traumatic experience or something...although, smoked turkey does sound appealing. (Something different)

Raquel said...

Wow, that looks fantastic!!! I adore smoked turkey - but we had ham this year! Much love, Raquel XO

Heather said...

mmmmm. i love roasted turkey sandwiches. these look so good, i want to eat my computer screen!!

Kevin said...

One of my favorite parts of the holidays!

Paula said...

Oh, smoked turkey sounds terrific, as does the sandwich! I think I actually like open faced turkey sandwiches better than just a serving of turkey! I'd love to learn more about smoking.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I agree but I dream the brief should prepare more info then it has.

Pizza Dunkin Style!

We are sick of being disappointed with our local pizzeria's so we decided to make our own pizza.  I searched a bit and found a great...