Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ham and Noodle Casserole


It was the very first overcast and cooler day we have had, and I could almost feel fall in the AIR, almost! I spent hours making a months supply of dog food and I was beat! So, I decided to whip up a casserole. I was sick of chicken, pork and the usual so I decided to make it with Ham for a change!

  • 1 lb of ham (I bought a thick slice right from the deli counter)
  • 1 package of No Yolks noodles
  • 2 cans of Cream of Whatever you like soup (I used Chicken and
  • Mushroom)
  • 1/4 cup of mushrooms, fresh, dried or canned
  • 1/4 to 1/2 cup of Peas (do not use canned)
  • 1/2 cup of sour cream (I used fat free)
  • 1 cup of chicken stock
  • 1 small jar of Pimento's
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/4 tsp garlic salt
  • 1/4 tsp dried chili flakes
  • 1 cup of shredded cheese, I used Colby Jack
Dice the ham into small chunks

Cook your noodles according to the package direction (cook a bit less than the package says as you will be baking this)

Mix the soups, spices, sour cream and Pimentos, add the chicken stock until you have a loose consistency, you want enough sauce to cover the noodles

Add 1/2 of the shredded cheese, peas, mushrooms, and the ham, mix until well incorporated

Put into a greased baking dish and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or bubbly

Remove from the oven and sprinkle on the remaining cheese

8 comments:

Zesty Cook said...

Very nice - Simple and easy and it looks so yummy!. Love your blog. I will be a regular.

Zesty

Cheryl said...

I do something similar, except I put bread crumbs with parmasean on top so it gets crunchy. :-)

Heather said...

ohh yum! this looks like a perfect dinner! and i love your cupcakes! i missed that post somehow!

MaryBeth said...

Looks very good.

Raquel said...

Sounds good! It has been a bit nippy here the last couple of days. Much love, Raquel XO

Kevin said...

This casserole sounds really tasty! I like using ham in things like this as it adds a tn of flavour.

Nick said...

Mmm, I love those noodles and I love casseroles, especially with mushroom and those cream of something soups. I never would have thought to put ham in it. Every time I think of this dish I want to add steak or ground beef for a stroganoff but I like the changeup here.

Jan said...

Does Martha know what a good mum she has? Probably.

Anyway, your casserole looks tip top.

Pizza Dunkin Style!

We are sick of being disappointed with our local pizzeria's so we decided to make our own pizza.  I searched a bit and found a great...