- 1 lb of ham (I bought a thick slice right from the deli counter)
- 1 package of No Yolks noodles
- 2 cans of Cream of Whatever you like soup (I used Chicken and
- 1/4 cup of mushrooms, fresh, dried or canned
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of Peas (do not use canned)
- 1/2 cup of sour cream (I used fat free)
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 1 small jar of Pimento's
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp dried chili flakes
- 1 cup of shredded cheese, I used Colby Jack
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Ham and Noodle Casserole
It was the very first overcast and cooler day we have had, and I could almost feel fall in the AIR, almost! I spent hours making a months supply of dog food and I was beat! So, I decided to whip up a casserole. I was sick of chicken, pork and the usual so I decided to make it with Ham for a change!
Dice the ham into small chunks
Cook your noodles according to the package direction (cook a bit less than the package says as you will be baking this)
Mix the soups, spices, sour cream and Pimentos, add the chicken stock until you have a loose consistency, you want enough sauce to cover the noodles
Add 1/2 of the shredded cheese, peas, mushrooms, and the ham, mix until well incorporated
Put into a greased baking dish and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or bubbly
Remove from the oven and sprinkle on the remaining cheese
In our continued effort to eat a little better and keep it "clean", I decided to make Turkey Meatloaf. In my previous attempt...
We were scheduled to get together with our dear friends, and I was planning on making this comfort food meal. Unfortunately, hubbies School...
My husband and his work mates are in love with something called Famous Dave's Bread Pudding, which they always have when they are in Ar...