Sunday, November 14, 2010

Olive and Sun Dried Tomato Spread


I went thru a phase where I loved, loved, loved Martini's, dirty please, extra dirty with lots of olives! I think I actually just liked the Martini's for the olives, I love olives, any kind, color or shape. Filled with garlic, habenero, pimento and even small onions.

I was reading Shelby's blog Grumpy's Honeybunch and saw she made a spread with olives. I could not WAIT to get some cream cheese and try it for myself.

I used regular green olives stuffed with pimento, added a bit of pepper and a dash of salt. It was the perfect spread for this olive lover. I literally nearly swooned, ok I did swoon a bit. My husband is not such a lover of olives, so I decided to add some Sun Dried Tomatoes in oil. That toned the olive taste down just enough! Heaven on a cracker!

1 package cream cheese
3/4 of jar of Green Olives with Pimento (or any olive you like), drained and diced
dash of salt
dash of pepper
2 tbl of finely chopped Sun Dried Tomato
Crackers of your choice

Let the cream cheese come to room temperature, mix in the remaining ingredients and serve with crackers or on a Bagel would be awesome!

15 comments:

Sophie said...

What a great & tasty looking spiced up spread!! Looks so festive too, Cheryl!

Dear Cheryl, I just tagged you with 10 culinary questions!! Come over @ my blog & read all about them!

Bethie said...

I love olives!!!! I think I need to make this for T-day!!

Tam Hess said...

Now that's my kind of cooking! :)

teresa said...

wow, this is beautiful, i love olives too!

The Blonde Duck said...

I eat olives straight out of the jar and am addicted to chips and dip. This is a dangerous, dangerous recipe.

Marjie said...

And, of course, this would be a perfect addition to the Thanksgiving appetizer table, wouldn't it? While I'm not a fan of olives, I have plenty of people who are!

Anonymous said...

I dont love olives but adding this to superbowl menu too

Pam said...

I love olives too - especially stuffed with blue cheese. This dip would be a perfect appetizer for Thanksgiving.

elra said...

Your spread sounds very tempting Cheryl.

postzoom said...

We are looking for great blogs and we would love it if you registered yours with us.

PostZoom is a directory of the best blog posts which helps readers find great blog posts and our goal is to help blog owners drive more traffic to their blog.

If you are interested in joining, please check us out!

Thanks,
Eric Castelli
PostZoom

Judy said...

This sounds so easy and so good. Love olive and love cream cheese.

The Blonde Duck said...

Happy Tuesday!

Sharon said...

mmm...olives! I love any and all snacks!

grace said...

as i peruse a menu at a new restaurant, i always stop when i see sun-dried tomatoes--they're a love of mine. this is a fine slather indeed.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what other nice holiday munchies are coming. You are my life-line. Bless you

Pizza Dunkin Style!

We are sick of being disappointed with our local pizzeria's so we decided to make our own pizza.  I searched a bit and found a great...