Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Greek Salad


I made a Greek meal of Lamb Shanks, Couscous and of course Greek Salad. I love this salad, so colorful and tasty!

Ingredients:
1 English cucumber (thinner skin, fewer seeds) sliced thick
1 tomato diced
feta cheese crumbled
calamata olives pitted
purple onion sliced thinly
Mix the above ingredients together, topping with the feta cheese crumbles


*I made my own salad dressing using yogurt, 1 tbl olive oil, red wine vinegar, some calamata olive juice, lime juice, cumin, garlic salt and cracked pepper. I also about 3 tbl of minced onion. Keep adding ingredients and blending till you get the taste you wish.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love Greek Salad, but I just can't do the olives. I've tried, but just can't. :-)

Tam Hess said...

Pretty salad!

How to spatchcock a chicken or turkey!

Finishing some of Cheryl's drafts... Keeping spatchcocking simple. Using a VERY sharp cleaver or kitchen shears -- not scissors, carefu...