Monday, July 30, 2018

Blueberry Lemon Bread - Keto Style


We are getting pretty good at this Keto, Low Carb lifestyle and I decided to try my hand at making something sweet.  I have been making bread and bagels, but that's it.  I had some blueberries to use up and took a peek around Pinterest.  I happened upon this recipe https://kaseytrenum.com/homemade-blueberry-bread-keto-low-carb/

I had to fiddle with it to make it my own as well as I wanted to add lemon.  It turned out really tasty!

Ingredients

6 eggs
1 stick butter, melted
3/4 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons sour cream
2/3 cup granulated Swerve can reduce to make the bread less sweet if desired
1½ tsp vanilla
2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream (I used Buttermilk)
½ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour
½ tsp salt
1½ tsp baking powder
4 tbl unsweetened coconut
4 tbl Psyllium powder
zest of 1 lemon

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Melt butter.

Beat eggs, swerve, sour cream, heavy whipping cream, vanilla, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon, lemon zest until combined.  Add coconut and psyllium powder (optional)

Add the melted butter to the mixture and beat again until combined.

Add 1/2 cup of the flour until thoroughly combined.

In a separate bowl add the blueberries and 2 tablespoons of the coconut flour. Stir, until blueberries are lightly coated.

Add blueberries with the rest of the flour to the batter. Stir with a spatula until all ingredients are mixed well.

Pour batter into a greased loaf pan or cover loaf pan with parchment paper. I lined mine with parchment paper because coconut flour tends to stick to the pan.

Bake for 65-75 minutes or until knife inserted in center of bread comes out clean.

Next time I will add nuts!


No comments:

How to spatchcock a chicken or turkey!

Finishing some of Cheryl's drafts... Keeping spatchcocking simple. Using a VERY sharp cleaver or kitchen shears -- not scissors, carefu...