Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Pumpkin Pie Dump Cake


I am new to this "dump cake" concept.  I have heard about them but I have never made one myself.  I realized I had all the ingredients to make this cake, so I decided to give it a whirl.  As my Husband always says "it is better than it has a right to be" and is sure was.

Ingredients:

1 can (15 0z.) pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
3 large eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup of chopped Pecans
1 tsp. ground cinnamon (I used Pumpkin Pie Spice)
1 box spice cake mix (I read another recipe and only used 1/2 a box)
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.

In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar and cinnamon (I used pumpkin pie spice) until well­ combined. It will be very liquid­y. Pour this pumpkin mixture into the baking
dish.

Sprinkle dry cake mix on top of pumpkin mixture. (I used half a box)

Sprinkle chopped pecans all over

Drizzle melted butter over the top.

Bake for about 55­-60 minutes. It might still be just a bit jiggly in the middle when done.

It will continue to set up as it cools. Let it cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing and
serving.

No comments:

How to spatchcock a chicken or turkey!

Finishing some of Cheryl's drafts... Keeping spatchcocking simple. Using a VERY sharp cleaver or kitchen shears -- not scissors, carefu...