- 2 large skinless, boneless chicken breast
- halves - cut into 1/2-inch medallions
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, or as needed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons butter
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Lemon Chicken Piccata
I have been meaning to make this again for quite sometime, we loved it the first time we had it several years ago. We were tired and wanted something fast and easy for dinner and I knew I had a handful of lemons to use. It was lemony and delicious, I paired it with Roasted Red Potatoes and Sweet Corn on the Cob for a wonderful summery dinner!
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F Place a serving platter into the oven to warm.
2. Season the chicken breast pieces with salt and pepper and dredge them in flour. Shake off excess flour. Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet; pan-fry the chicken pieces until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side, adding oil as needed . Place the chicken pieces onto the warmed platter in the oven. When finished with all the chicken, drain most of the oil from the skillet, leaving a thin coating on the surface of the pan.
3. Cook and stir the minced garlic in the skillet until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Pour in the chicken broth. Scrape and dissolve any brown bits from the bottom of the skillet. Stir in the lemon slices and bring the mixture to a boil. Let cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce reduces to about 2/3 cup, 5 to 8 minutes. Add the lemon juice and capers; simmer until the sauce is reduced and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes more. Drop the butter into the skillet and swirl it into the sauce by tilting the skillet until the butter is melted and incorporated, remove from heat and set aside.
4. Arrange the chicken medallions on serving plates and spoon sauce over each portion to serve.
I had some beautiful local Strawberries that were looking a little sad, I decided to make Strawberry Muffins out of them. I do have to ...
My husband and his work mates are in love with something called Famous Dave's Bread Pudding, which they always have when they are in Ar...
We were scheduled to get together with our dear friends, and I was planning on making this comfort food meal. Unfortunately, hubbies School...