Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Chef Salad My Way!



I am not a huge fan of salads which is evident when you take a peek at my ass, BUT, it was hot and I was tired and I decided to make a nice Chef Salad for Dinner.

My husband of course did not want the usual tired ham and cheese, so I chose to go a different route and it was sensational! The slightly salty turkey with the smooth provolone, YUM

This salad feeds two hungry heffers! or 4 as a side dish, I served with some Olive Flat Bread from New Seasons

Green Leaf Lettuce, torn and washed/dried (I used half of a large head)
3 hard boiled eggs sliced
4-6 ounces smoked turkey breast cut into strips
4-6 ounces Provolone Cheese cut into strips
assortment of baby tomatoes
1/2 English Cucumber sliced in half then sliced into half coins

Assemble and dress as you wish, topping with fresh ground pepper!

13 comments:

Lea Ann said...

Aren't Chef Salads wonderful! Your photo of all of those fresh tomatoes is really calling my name!

Dewi said...

Lovely chef salad Cheryl, your version is truly drool worthy :)

Pam said...

You crack me up woman.

I am loving this salad - it would be perfect for dinner tonight.

Debbie said...

This looks great Cheryl. I love using turkey instead of ham. I have to tell you that if I had this for dinner I would end up eating a ton of bread on the side. I love bread with salads!!!!

Bethie said...

My kind of salad, yum!!!!

Mary Bergfeld said...

I'll have chef salad your way any day :-). It looks gorgeous. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

The Blonde Duck said...

Normally I just eat salads on the side, but I would totally get into this salad. :)

teresa said...

i LOVE the look of that salad, especially with those boiled eggs on top. that's the way to enjoy a salad!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I like your way! Ok, now you have to tell me, what was your cocktail of choice with this salad?

I am so cracking up now the work verification is "skiniest". I am going to slap the crap out of work verification!

Anonymous said...

Zofuran:
Lovin this. summer and salads go together like pie and ice cream.

Cooking for Diabetes said...

You have given me the perfect quick dinner for tonight. This looks really good. I don't have any turkey breast which I can readily use tonight but I do have some chicken breast. Hopefully it will taste as good.

Kathleen said...

This salad looks amazing!!!

ICook4Fun said...

This salad will be great for this warm summer weather here.

How to spatchcock a chicken or turkey!

Finishing some of Cheryl's drafts... Keeping spatchcocking simple. Using a VERY sharp cleaver or kitchen shears -- not scissors, carefu...