Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Cheddar Beer Bread


I have been making this bread for sooooo long I actually have no idea who gave me the recipe, I would guess a fellow pre-school teacher back in the day! Whoever you were, thank you, it has served me well!

It is a yummy crowd pleaser, and goes really well with the Tomato Basil Soup I made not long ago, which you can see here! The best part, no yeast, no rising, just one bowl and you are good to go!

3 cups flour A/P or Better for Bread
2 tbs sugar
1.5 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
dash Cayanne (optional)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 12 0z beer
1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cube melted butter

Mix dry ingredients, add beer 1/2 at a time mixing well

Add 1/2 the cheese, mix till blended in

Place in a non-stick, greased loaf pan

drizzle on 1/2 the melted butter

bake at 350 for 30 minutes

remove and drizzle on the remaining butter, top with the remaining cheese and bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes

Next time I am going to add a small can of diced Jalepeno's

12 comments:

sophia said...

OOOH! I made this once! But with parmesan, and I added hot dogs and some dried herbs. Jalepenos sound like an awesome addition, too!

Debbie said...

That really is a great bread to go along with soup. Delicious!

Bethie said...

Yum and it slays me since I am trying to low carb.

grace said...

for me, i think some yuengling and swiss would make an awesome bread, perfect for soup-sopping!

Donna-FFW said...

I make a very similiar bread, and yes, I serve it with tomato soup also.. Great minds.. dirty minds.. all alike:)

Pam said...

I bet Chad would love this bread.

The Blonde Duck said...

Oh my God! I found this beer chicken recipe I earmarked and this would go perfect with it!

Jan said...

Looks and sounds delish, Cheryl, perfect with your tomato soup.

Soup's off the menu at our house right now as we are having temps in the high 90's, and the humidity put's the heat index at 115F. Horrible!

batterie said...

I added hot dogs and some dried herbs.

labatterie said...

I think some yuengling and swiss would make an awesome bread。

Rolex watches said...

I serve it with tomato soup also.

r4 ds said...

I found this beer chicken recipe I earmarked and this would go perfect with it。

How to spatchcock a chicken or turkey!

Finishing some of Cheryl's drafts... Keeping spatchcocking simple. Using a VERY sharp cleaver or kitchen shears -- not scissors, carefu...