Monday, October 12, 2009

Grown Up Hot Chocolate



My husband and I sit in our hot tub nightly in the Fall/Winter and Spring months. We chat and he decompresses from his day. One of my favorite things to sip on is Grown Up Hot Chocolate.

Many years ago we found a Schnapps called Rumplemintz, made in Germany and we love, love love it. It is 100 proof so a little goes a long way, unlike regular Schnapps it isn't as sickly sweet.

I purchase the Mini size and keep it next to my hot chocolate, split the mini between two cups of hot chocolate, top with whipped cream and you have a pepperminty and yummy hot chocolate which will warm you from the inside out!

The next cold, wintery, snowy day give it a try, you will love it! p.s. you don't need a hot tub, just a chilly evening to appreiate it!

1 Rumplemintz Schnapps (mini size)
2 cups of hot chocolate (I use sugar free)
Whipped Cream
Shaved Chocolate (optional)

20 comments:

Foodie with Little Thyme! said...

I would love to have one right now. It's a shame I don't. It would be a great addition to the bubble bath and book I'm about to enjoy!

Heather said...

girl, you know i love a cocktail! that looks yummy :D

Bethie said...

Hot tub! I want one and a hot chocolate too.

Donna-FFW said...

Oh, the joys of the hot tub. I love my hot tub. I will try this next cold night we are in it. Very soon as temps are dropping in NJ.

♥peachkins♥ said...

I would have to give this a try..

Debbie said...

That looks delicious, but we don't have a hot tub!

A Year on the Grill said...

a perfect look, and I imagine the taste fits the night exactly

great post

Elra said...

I like this Cheryl. Hot chocolate just for grown up.

Mini Baker said...

i have mint schnapps in my freezer that needsto be used :)
-Mini Baker

Pam said...

Now that's my kind of hot chocolate. I haven't had Rumplemintz in years.

The Blonde Duck said...

That's such a cool twist on a classic!

teresa said...

what a great way to end the day! it's so pretty too!

Paula said...

Look at how rich and dark your Schnappy Chocolate is! Your hubby is a lucky man! Is this hot chocolate weather or what? Lordy, I thought I was going to blow off the planet this afternoon. I've been experimenting with mocha recipes ... you've got me beat by a LONG shot!

Hot tubs and Spas said...

Hot tubs are great on a chilly night, there's nothing better for 'decompressing' and unwinding than taking a dip in your hot tub.

Not to mention the grown up hot chocolate sounds very tasty.

Shelly W said...

Yum! I bet that would warm you right up :)

A Feast for the Eyes said...

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!
Hot chocolate and booze... and, yes, it does rain in Northern California. This would have been perfect had I spotted this yesterday-- I'm so far behind in reading blogs!

Muneeba said...

Mama's gotta get herself a house with a hot-tub! Forget the pool for the kiddies ... the adults need their hot chocolate and nightly hot soak. See, you've got me day-dreaming now!

Jessi said...

OH Yummy!!! I will have to look for that.

Spryte said...

Hell yeah!

tamilyn said...

our friend's have a hot tub. so bringing this the next time we hot tub it with them!

Pizza Dunkin Style!

We are sick of being disappointed with our local pizzeria's so we decided to make our own pizza.  I searched a bit and found a great...