Thursday, December 4, 2008

Minced Ham and Scrambled Eggs with Boursin



I had a fair amount of leftover Ham from Thanksgiving and have been looking for ways to use it up. My husband worked from home today, so I made him a special treat! With the addition of the Boursin Cheese, it took it way over the top!

1 serving
2 large eggs
2 tbl heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste
minced ham
1 tsp butter
Boursin Cheese
Fresh Chives, chopped finely

Crack the eggs into a bowl and add the cream salt and pepper and half the chives, whip until well incorporated

Heat your non stick pan to medium/medium high, add the butter and let it melt, add you eggs and quickly stir them around, add the ham and remove from the heat.

Add some Boursin and continue to move the eggs around. I find the carryover cooking will finish the eggs and let them remain moist.

Add more Boursin and chives and serve.

7 comments:

Raquel said...

Hmmmmm . . . I wonder if my homemade Boursin would be good in this? Looks lovely, and your spinach dip recipe is the same as mine! Much love, Raquel XO

Debbie said...

Oh does that ever look good!

Pam said...

What a nice breakfast. Rich and delicious! What a sweet wife you are.

Heather said...

mmm that looks good. i love ham and eggs :)

Amy said...

That's a great looking breakfast. I just happen to have some leftover ham. I will have to give this a try.

Jan said...

Mmmmmm! That looks and sounds divine, Cheryl.

test it comm said...

I really like making for the leftovers. Ham and eggs is one of my favorite ways to enjoy them and the cheese is always welcome.

How to spatchcock a chicken or turkey!

Finishing some of Cheryl's drafts... Keeping spatchcocking simple. Using a VERY sharp cleaver or kitchen shears -- not scissors, carefu...