Copywrited Material

All photos on this website are copyrighted and owned by Cheryl Dunkin. Using photos without permission is Illegal.

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Autumn Tapas, Cheesy Grit Style


My husband had Cheesy Grits while at school in Atlanta and I was dying to have them at home. We looked at several recipes and winged it! We had the grits for breakfast on the weekend, YUMMY!
I re-created the leftovers into cute little appetizer tapas!

2 cups water
1/2 cup Quaker or Aunt Jemima Enriched Hominy Quick Grits, uncooked*
4 oz. Pasteurized process cheese spread, cubed
Dash of garlic powder (optional)
Paprika

Bring water to a boil; slowly stir in grits.

Reduce heat; simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally.

Add cheese and garlic powder; continue cooking until cheese is melted, about 2 to 3 minutes.

Pour into a greased 9X9 casserole, let set up and cut into cute shapes!

**I put a very small amount of cheese on each and used my blow torch to give them some color**

5 comments:

MaryBeth said...

I love your platter, it is way cool. But even more I love grits. I have never had them with cheese but have always wanted to make it that way. Good Looking Stuff Cheryl!

Raquel said...

Mmmm, I love cheesy grits. I like plain grits too - with ham cream gravy. I like to add a bit of chopped jalapeno to cheesy grits. They are good served with salsa, I think! Much love, Raquel XO

Pam said...

I've never had grits before...they sound tasty. Your appetizer idea is great - the serving plate is really cute too.

Mom said...

I have had grits, but never with cheese. These look so good and the plating is great!

MyLastBite said...

I LOVE grits! What a wonderful way to make them "upscale"! Thanks for the recipe!