- 1 package of Round Rice Paper Wrappers
- 1/2 lb of good quality ground pork
- 1/4 lb of shrimp diced into small chunks (I omit this as I am not a huge fan of shrimp)
- 1 ounce dried Wood Ear Mushrooms, re hydrated and cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced (or scallions)
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 package bean thread noodles, soaked in boiling hot water for 15 minutes, drained and cut in half
- 1 small Jicama peeled and cut into shreds (this is optional and personally, I don't use it)
You will need a large bowl full of water to dip your wrappers in and a non stick surface such as a cookie pan to place it on for assemblage.
Gently separate the wrappers (cover the remaining with a dampened towel to prevent drying), dip into the water for several seconds (being sure to get the entire thing wet) place on your work surface. Add a heaping spoonful of the filling in the center of the wrapper.