Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Peach and Blueberry Crisp


I had some fruit I needed to use and I had not made a crisp in ages. I decided to make it diabetic friendly in case I wanted to actually eat a dessert I made!

It was delicious, and I finally was able to use my Emile Henry individual pie dishes.
  • 4 small peaches peeled, pitted and diced large
  • 1/2 cup blueberries
  • 2 Splenda packages
  • 2 tbl Splenda brown sugar substitute
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 3 tbl butter or margarine
  • dash of nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger
  • chopped pecans or almonds
Mix the diced peaches with the blueberries, add the 2 packages of Splenda, mix well

Pour the fruit mixture into your baking vessel (this made two large servings)

Mix the rolled oats, brown sugar substitute, butter, spices, and nuts together until the butter is incorporated and the mixture is crumbly

place the topping mixture on top of your fruit

bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes (I would bake on a sheet pan, it will boil over a bit)

let cool or serve hot with ice cream

8 comments:

Raquel said...

Sounds delish! My dad is diabetic and he would love this!

krysta said...

the oldest sous chef likes a boy who is diabetic. i think i could make this when he comes over for dinner. fingers crossed.

Cheryl said...

Need to try this. :-)

Jan said...

Mmmmm! Hot with ice cream,please. Sounds scrummy yummy, I need this in my tummy.

Cheryl said...

RYC: I was honestly surprised that UO and the fam went to B's show. I think he is just kissing everyone's butt until the trial. Especially the wife.

Pam said...

Looks amazing Cheryl. Thanks again to John for watering our plants. It's good to be home.

Chibog in Chief said...

i love the sound of this combination: peach and blueberry!! now that blueberry and peaches are in season i can definitely try this recipe!! yummy

test it comm said...

Peaches and blueberries area great combo for a crisp! It looks good.

How to spatchcock a chicken or turkey!

Finishing some of Cheryl's drafts... Keeping spatchcocking simple. Using a VERY sharp cleaver or kitchen shears -- not scissors, carefu...