Thursday, July 10, 2008

Medjool Cheese Toasts


This is an excellent appetizer, the combination of the savory cheese and sweet Medjool Dates is unique and tasty. My guests love them!

1 baguette
5-6 oz Cambozola cheese
1 lemon
Medjool Dates
Using your microplane or zester remove the zest from 1 lemon
Mix the lemon zest with the cheese (at room temperature)
cut up your baguette and toast slightly in the oven on a sheet pan
cut the dates in half, remove the pit
place a smear of the cheese and zest mixture on each piece of bread
place half a date on top

Warm in the oven at 350 degrees until the cheese is soft and oozing
Scarf them up before anyone else can get to them!

4 comments:

Raquel said...

We love Medjool dates! I have never heard of the cambozola cheese tho - what is it like? I do an appetizer with dates stuffed with blue cheese and wrapped with bacon - would the cambozola be close to that?

Kevin said...

Dates on melted cheese and toast sounds really good!

Raquel said...

Cheryl:
I have not posted that appetizer recipe yet, will try to get to it soon.

Paula said...

Gosh, does this look good! I love that cheese and I bet the sweetness of the dates makes for an awesome combo. Double yum!

Pizza Dunkin Style!

We are sick of being disappointed with our local pizzeria's so we decided to make our own pizza.  I searched a bit and found a great...