Deviled Eggs


I love deviled eggs, and it seems everyone I know has a different version of them. I am a purist and I like them pretty basic, and very piquant. My only add is fresh chives and a dash of Franks Red Hot.

6 eggs, place in pan, cover with water, bring to boil, place lid on, remove from heat and let sit for 15 minutes = perfect hard boiled eggs
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp or more yellow mustard
3/4 tsp white wine vinegar
pinch of salt
fresh ground pepper or you can use white pepper
3 tsp chives diced
dash Franks Red Hot
paprika

Peel your eggs and cut them in half lengthwise, remove yolks to a bowl
Add all the above ingredients to the yolks and mash well
Taste and re-season if necessary
I use a piping bag on occasion, otherwise spoon the mixture into the eggs
sprinkle on more chives and paprika
Inhale them before anyone else gets to them!

Comments

Paula said…
Great close up photo of the egg! I, too, love deviled eggs! I've not tried them with hot sauce, but you can bet I'll give it a shake the next time I make eggs!
Raquel said…
Great eggs! I tend to go heavy on the mustard and I like crisp, crumbled bacon mixed in or on top. Pimentos are nice, too.
Pam said…
Yum. Chad would love the
Franks Red Hot addition.
Kevin said…
I have not tried deviled eggs yet. They look good!

Popular Posts