Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Deviled Eggs


I love deviled eggs, and it seems everyone I know has a different version of them. I am a purist and I like them pretty basic, and very piquant. My only add is fresh chives and a dash of Franks Red Hot.

6 eggs, place in pan, cover with water, bring to boil, place lid on, remove from heat and let sit for 15 minutes = perfect hard boiled eggs
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp or more yellow mustard
3/4 tsp white wine vinegar
pinch of salt
fresh ground pepper or you can use white pepper
3 tsp chives diced
dash Franks Red Hot
paprika

Peel your eggs and cut them in half lengthwise, remove yolks to a bowl
Add all the above ingredients to the yolks and mash well
Taste and re-season if necessary
I use a piping bag on occasion, otherwise spoon the mixture into the eggs
sprinkle on more chives and paprika
Inhale them before anyone else gets to them!

4 comments:

Paula said...

Great close up photo of the egg! I, too, love deviled eggs! I've not tried them with hot sauce, but you can bet I'll give it a shake the next time I make eggs!

Raquel said...

Great eggs! I tend to go heavy on the mustard and I like crisp, crumbled bacon mixed in or on top. Pimentos are nice, too.

Pam said...

Yum. Chad would love the
Franks Red Hot addition.

test it comm said...

I have not tried deviled eggs yet. They look good!

How to spatchcock a chicken or turkey!

Finishing some of Cheryl's drafts... Keeping spatchcocking simple. Using a VERY sharp cleaver or kitchen shears -- not scissors, carefu...