Thursday, November 6, 2008

Candy Cookies


I spotted this on "The Pioneer Woman's" website, it sounded like something fun and super easy to make. They were absolutely decadent and delicious. They aren't quite a cookie and not quite candy either.

These would be great to make with your kids!
If you have a Silicone mini muffin pan, I highly recommend using it, these are hard to get out of the pan.
  • Cookie Dough in a tube, whatever kind sounds good, I used chocolate chip
  • Snack size candies, I used miniature peanut butter cups
Slice the cookie dough into 1 1/2 inch slices and cut each slice into 4Th's
Place each piece in a very well greased mini muffin tin (use a Silicone one if you have it)

Cook at 350 for about 7 minutes

Remove from the oven and quickly squish a piece of candy into the middle of each cookie and return to the oven for about 10 minutes or until golden brown

Let cool overnight or at least a few hours (I learned this the hard way), and then remove from the tin, my husband banged the hell out of the tin and they popped right out

11 comments:

Heather said...

oh! that is so cute! you should submit it to nick @ the peanut butter boy. he's looking for PB recipes for his blogiversary. they look soo tasty!!!

Amy said...

Those are so cute! I love peanut butter cups!

MaryBeth said...

These were fabulous, you really don't need to have kids around to enjoy these...I did just fine by myself. LOL

Darius T. Williams said...

I mean really...who can go wrong w/this? Two birds...one stone!

-DTW
www.everydaycookin.blogspot.com

Pam said...

Hey, where is mine? These look really tasty Cheryl.

Wservir said...

Hello,

We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM!!! YUM!!!.
We would like to add it to the Ptitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com (more than 30 000 visitors per day)

To add your site to the Ptitchef family you can use http://www.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to http://en.petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Octávio
www.petitchef.com

Stacey Snacks said...

I am making these with my leftover Halloween Reese's!!!
Though I have never purchased premade cookie dough.
Hey, there's a first time for everything!
Stacey Snacks

Anonymous said...

It looks like the wrappers are still on the candy cups. That couldn't be, could it? Maybe the candies have a chocolate coating that looks like a wrapper....?

Sherrie said...

I just found your blog, I am new to blogging. I like what I see though.

Jan said...

What a novel idea, they look scrummy.

Paula said...

I didn't see this recipe over at P.W. What a fun treat; I can feel my thighs expanding already! YUM!

Pizza Dunkin Style!

We are sick of being disappointed with our local pizzeria's so we decided to make our own pizza.  I searched a bit and found a great...