Sunday, June 8, 2008

Twice Baked Potatoes


I had not made twice baked potatoes for quite some time and I wanted something special to serve with a beautiful Hanger Steak I purchased for our Holiday meal. I always make extra for a light lunch later in the week.

· 2-3 large baking potatoes
· 3 green onions chopped
· ¼ cup sour cream (I used fat free)
· 2 tbl butter or margarine
· ¼ cup buttermilk
· ½ cup shredded cheese any kind you like
· ¼ cup or more Turkey Bacon diced

Note: I always bake one extra potato just for the filling; I like to have a well filled potato

Bake the potatoes at 350 until tender, 30 to 45 minutes, remove and let cool

Cut the potatoes in half and scoop out the middle (be sure and leave enough potato so it will stay together)

Combine all the ingredients and mix well, I like to leave mine a bit chunky

Scoop the filling back into the shells and bake at 350 for 15 minutes

Remove, and sprinkle on a bit more cheese then back into the oven for 5 minutes

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Awesome idea and it is amazing that I always forgot about doing twice baked potatoes. I find myself constantly doing mashed potatoes and definitely going to remember this.

How to spatchcock a chicken or turkey!

Finishing some of Cheryl's drafts... Keeping spatchcocking simple. Using a VERY sharp cleaver or kitchen shears -- not scissors, carefu...