Monday, May 26, 2008

Salmon Cheese Ball





My Ex Sister In Law gave me this recipe many years ago. It has been a family "must have" ever since. Everyone on both sides of our family adores this cheese ball and it is super easy to make.


• small can Pink Salmon (use skinless, boneless)
• 8 ounce package Cream Cheese at room temp
• 1 tsp liquid smoke (you can purchase in the condiment section of your grocery store)
• 1 tsp garlic salt
• 6 ounce can olives, chopped
• 1 tbl Worcestershire sauce
• ½ cup Walnuts chopped

Combine everything except the walnuts in a bowl, using your hands works best to ensure it is fully mixed.

Refrigerate the mixture for 30 minutes or so to firm up a bit.

Spread your chopped walnuts on a cutting board, scoop up the salmon mixture and form into a ball.

Roll in the chopped walnuts until uniformly covered.

Serve with crackers of your choice, I have always used Wheat Thins

3 comments:

Jan said...

I'm sorry if I'm a bit dumb, but what is liquid smoke?

Cheryl said...

Sounds yummy. I must have missed this recipe. :-) Will have to try it.

renaedujour said...

Oh, yum, yum, yum. The problem with recipes like this is that I tend to eat them as an entree. The canned salmon is the best.

Pizza Dunkin Style!

We are sick of being disappointed with our local pizzeria's so we decided to make our own pizza.  I searched a bit and found a great...