I think the sauce is a big reason these are soo good, you should be able to find it in the Asian/Mexican food aisle. I make cheese/chicken and cheese/onion. It seems like a great deal of work but it really is worth it!
· Monterey Jack Cheese
· Cheddar Cheese
· 2 chicken breasts
· Shredded Mexican Cheese and Cotija cheese (optional)
· I can sliced olives, drained
· I can diced roasted green chili’s (mild), drained as well as you can
· 4 small cans El Pato Salsa de Chili Fresco (or choose an authentic red sauce)
· 1 purple onion diced finely
**I use a 9X13 casserole coated with pan spray, and a 9X9 casserole coated with pan spray**
I poach my chicken in water for about 10 minutes, let cool and shred, using two forks
Pour a small amount of the red sauce into the bottom of the pans, spread around
Place the enchiladas tightly together. For the cheese/onion, please two to three cheese logs in the tortilla and the onion, roll and place seam side down.
Pour the red sauce over the Enchiladas coating them well
Spread the olives on next, and any extra onion you may have left, then the can of roasted chili’s