Friday, May 23, 2008

Cheeseburger Macaroni



The weather has been dreary and I wanted comfort food. I have fond memories of eating Cheeseburger Macaroni at school when I was a kid, although I am sure it was from a box!. I wanted to re-create it from scratch, and it was a HUGE hit. My husband is not a big eater but he had seconds!

Ingredients:
1 box elbow macaroni
2 lbs ground beef, I use 7% lean (you could use turkey)
1/2 red onion diced
1 tsp garlic
2 small cans tomato sauce
1 can of Campbell's cheese soup
1.5 to 2 cups of shredded cheese (any variety you wish)
salt and pepper to taste

*cook your ground beef in a non stick pan, when it is about half way thru cooking add your onion, garlic, salt and pepper
*cook your macaroni to "al dente", drain and set aside in a large bowl *combine the soup, 2 cans of tomato sauce, shredded cheese, cooked meat and the noodles, stir until well incorporated
*pour into a greased 9x13 pan
*cook at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly
**I served with garlic cheese bread and steamed green beans**

I just entered the Tastes To Remember blogging event at Sarah's, you can too!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh yeah a can of cheese soup what a great addition!
Thanks for sharing that - I never would have thought of that.
Cheese rules!

BanginFood said...

I just made something similar to this the other day. I used ground turkey instead of ground beef. I like the soup idea,I'll have to try it.

Levinson Axelrod said...

Great idea. Thanks for reminding me of this.

Pizza Dunkin Style!

We are sick of being disappointed with our local pizzeria's so we decided to make our own pizza.  I searched a bit and found a great...