Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Stuffed Strawberries



I was watching Paula Deen several days ago, and she did something similar with cream cheese and a bunch of sugar. I thought I could make it both prettier and tastier than hers, I think it worked! This is delicious and easy to make, my husband is in Costa Rica so I am not much into cooking for one.

1 pint ripe red strawberries, make as many as you wish
1/2 a block of cream cheese, room temperature
Nutella spread (hazelnut and chocolate spread)
chopped pecans (1/4 cup at most)

Method

*clean and cut the stem off the berry straight across to make a flat surface
*cut an X in the top of the berry and spread it a bit
*mix your cream cheese and about 4 big tablespoons of Nutella (you may need to microwave for about 20 seconds to warm it up)
*spoon into a piping bag, I used the star tip
*pipe into the opening in the strawberries
*put a small amount of chopped pecans on top

*Decorate the serving plate if you wish with chocolate syrup, powdered sugar and more nuts*

No comments:

How to spatchcock a chicken or turkey!

Finishing some of Cheryl's drafts... Keeping spatchcocking simple. Using a VERY sharp cleaver or kitchen shears -- not scissors, carefu...