Saturday, March 15, 2008

Home Made Dog Food



Who wouldn't want to cook for this sweet face girl!






Not people food my friends although you COULD technically eat it.





I make this for my doggie, I usually freeze portions of it and feed it to her when she has tummy issues. We call it "The Good Stuff".

Ingredients

1 lb hamburger or about 1.5 cups diced chicken
*if you use hamburger, boil it gently for about 10 minutes to remove the grease and drain
1 carton cottage cheese, I use low fat
3 carrots diced or half a yam diced and microwaved for about 3 minutes
2 cups white rice prepared
Chicken broth (I use home made) but canned is fine, get low sodium

Method

Mix the above ingredients together, and moisten with the chicken broth. I put it into freezer ziplocks and freeze for when someone is having a bad tummy day! or just needs to be extra spoiled!

1 comment:

vagabondgirl007 said...

My cat better not get wind of this or there will be hell to pay!

How to spatchcock a chicken or turkey!

Finishing some of Cheryl's drafts... Keeping spatchcocking simple. Using a VERY sharp cleaver or kitchen shears -- not scissors, carefu...